Roberta Levine on May 30, 2017
Kids: Get ready for the best summer, ever, at JCC Day Camps. We’re counting the days, minutes and seconds until the camp season starts in June.
At James and Rachel Levinson Day Camp, our flagship day camp at the Family Park in Monroeville, new activities and returning favorites set the scene for each child to learn, create, explore and experience.
“We give campers the opportunity to make choices for themselves in a controlled and safe environment,” says Lewis Sohinki, J&R Camp Director. “Our campers thrive as they grow in independence, thought and spirit, as part of a welcoming community.”
At J&R Day Camp children grow and flourish, encouraged by enthusiastic staff to explore new interests, cultivate skills and find new opportunities to engage, create and have fun. Our action-packed schedule provides a balance of group activities and special camp-wide programs.
With sports, aquatics, outdoor adventure, arts & crafts, drama, nature and music, our campers enjoy a well-balanced, well-rounded experience on our beautiful 100-acre wooded site.
Here are just a few of the activities NEW this summer:
- Giant Slip & Slide and camp Foam Party
- “Trailblazing” Nature Program where campers will make tents from scratch, safely learn to build and manage camp fires, and exploratory treks along the creek
- Imagination Playground blocks that one enthusiast described as, “an incredible play system for unlocking children’s creative spirit.” Karmiel Campers can build a new playground, every day.
- PJ Library, which gives the gift of Jewish children’s books, will provide a book and back pack to each camper. Storytelling and reading will be the focus of a new garden and reading area at camp.
- Expanded sustainable garden.
Returning favorites include:
- Our four chickens, including Henrietta, who produce 8 to 12 eggs a day that campers use for cooking.
- Giant Swing
And familiar faces: All of our Leadership staff, including Unit Heads, are returning staff members.
“It’s going to be fantastic!” Sohinki says.
J&R runs June 19 through August 18. For more information, please call Lewis at 412-697-3537 or fill out this form: