A Dedicated Space for Active and Passive Recovery Pre- and Post-Workout
Welcome to the JCC Recovery Room
The Recovery Room is a dedicated space to aid in active and passive recovery pre- and post-workout.
Research shows that recovery is just as important as exercise, affecting the inflammation, soreness and lactic acid build-up in your body, as well as your risk of injury.
Active recovery means staying physically active while you recover from higher intensity exercise by using gentle, non-strenuous movements.
Passive recovery requires no movement at all; you simply let your body rest while you sit or lie down.
Some of the benefits of Recovery are:
· Reduces the buildup of lactic acid in the muscles, minimizing post-exercise stiffness and discomfort.
· Helps alleviate fatigue and improve moods that typically crash after a big sporting event.
· Promotes blood flow to the joints and muscles, counteracting inflammation.
Recovery Room Open Hours for Centerfit Platinum Members
Recovery Room is closed during classes
- Monday-Friday, 6:15 am-2 pm
- Monday-Thursday 5-7 pm
- Saturday & Sunday 10 am-2 pm
Recovery Room Classes
Recovery Room Class Schedule
Class Fees: Centerfit Platinum Members – No fee
General Members – $10/class
You can purchase classes in the Membership Office.
For more information email [email protected]
Sign up for classes on the JCC Pittsburgh App!
Read the post: Try It Out: Active Recovery Class
Private Stretch and Recovery Sessions
Work with a recovery specialist who will guide you through a customized stretch and hypervolt session to help you meet your body’s wellness and recovery goals – increasing flexibility, reducing muscle and joint discomfort, and improving athletic performance.
6 half hours sessions
- $240/Centerfit Platinum
- $270/General Member
Contact Annie Kostovny [email protected]
What we offer
• Group and individual options available
• Improves performance, decreases risk of injury, enhances range of motion and functionality of joints and muscles
Normatec Compression Leg Sleeves
• A pair of “pants” that uses air to apply pressure to the muscles of the legs
• Relieves pain and soreness, increases oxygen in the muscles, warms muscles and improves flexibility
Hypervolt Massage Gun
• A handheld device that “pounds” your muscles in rapid succession
• Increases circulation, improves flexibility, provides faster relief to muscle soreness, decreases tightness, and reduces Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness (DOMS)
Vyper 3 Foam Roller
• A battery-operated foam roller that vibrates
• Increases flexibility, relieves tightness and soreness, breaks up scar tissue and muscle adhesions, warms up and activates muscles before workouts, and accelerates recovery after workouts.
• A battery-operated ball that vibrates to offer pinpoint pressure
• Loosens up tight muscles and trigger points, increases
range of motion and flexibility, helps reduce DOMS.
Heat/Cold and Vibration Therapy:
• A brace that you wrap around the desired body part that offers heat, cooling and vibration. Knee, shoulder and back available.
• Warms up and loosens muscles surrounding the joints
while relieving inflammation and soreness.
Core Immersive Therapy:
• Uses biofeedback technology to aid in meditation by choosing from a library of guided meditations, soundscapes and breath work sessions.
• Reduces stress, improves mood, helps with focus, aids in sleep.
Other Recovery Modalities
Lacrosse balls, spiky balls, Acumobility balls, foam rollers,
yoga wheels, acupressure mat, stretching straps and
bands, Psorite, Pilates equipment, yoga mats, stretching
tables, and a variety of classes to aid in all types of
Things to Know Before You Come
• You must be 18 or older to use the Recovery Room.
• You need to provide your own headphones for
• The Hyperice and Core Meditation app need to be
downloaded to your smartphone prior to use of some
of the equipment.
• It is recommended that you hydrate before and after
your recovery session.
• No bags are allowed in the room for safety and