The Clubhouse afterschool program provides care for children grades K-5 through fun and engaging activities and homework support after a day at school. Our program is focused on ensuring the mental, physical and emotional wellbeing of children by providing meaningful opportunities to engage with peers and choose activities based on their own interest. Activities include, but are not limited to, sports, STEM, arts and crafts, science, cooking, woodworking and more. We are seeking highly motivated, caring, creative individuals who can build a relationship with each child and respond to their individual needs while providing continuous supervision and fun.
• Must be 18 years or older
• Ability to accept guidance and supervision
• Compassionate and understanding to the needs of the children
• Have a positive attitude and a willing to learn/improve
• Experience working with children a plus
Responsible to: Clubhouse Afterschool Program Director
• Lead and participate in daily club and homeroom activities for children grades K-5
• Provide homework support to children as needed
• Escort children from nearby schools and bus stops to the JCC each afternoon
• Complete daily operating procedures such as snack and supply distribution, room set up/clean up, and taking attendance
• Ensure that each child under your care is accounted for and are monitored
• Demonstrate respect to all children, families, and staff members
• Create an environment where all participants feel emotionally supported, safe, engaged, and are given the opportunity to participate the daily activities
• Manage undesirable behavior professionally and safely
• Report on a regular basis to the Clubhouse Director regarding issues of need and/or concern.
• Adhere to regulations to ensure compliance with PA Department of Human Services Licensed Childcare Program guidelines.
• Ensure proper sign in/sign out procedures are followed.
• Be available for Pre-Clubhouse Orientation and Monthly Staff Meetings
Physical Qualifications While performing duties of this job the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk to hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk and sit. The employee is frequently required to lift up to 25 pounds and occasionally required to lift up to 50 pounds.
Must be able to obtain ACT 33/34 and FBI clearances, NSOR Certificate and mandated reporter training.
Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter to:
JCC of Greater Pittsburgh
Attn: Human Resources
5738 Forbes Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15217
Submit this online