The Jewish Community Center of Greater Pittsburgh is currently looking for a Full-time Staff Accountant. This position is responsible for applying principles of accounting in facilitating month end closing and reconciliations, preparing monthly financial statements and reports as well as analyzing financial information, trends, and variances.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
– Performs analysis and prepares presentations and reports for agency, as needed.
– Compiles and analyzes financial information to prepare entries to accounts, such as general ledger accounts, documenting business transactions.
– Coordinates agency annual budget process and provides support such as schedules, data, information, etc.
– Distributes reports relating to expenditures, encumbrances, receipts, and receivables according to schedules.
– Performs statistical analysis to determine trends, estimates, and significant change, and writes narrative reports explaining findings.
– Analyzes financial information detailing assets, liabilities, and capital, and prepares balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports to summarize and interpret current and projected agency financial position for managers and/or board of directors.
– Monitors compliance with generally accepted accounting principles and agency procedures.
– Reviews, investigates, and corrects errors and inconsistencies in financial entries, documents, and reports.
– Creates, modifies, documents, and coordinates implementation of accounting systems and accounting control procedures.
– Conducts studies and submits recommendations for improving the agency’s accounting operation.
– Performs monthly cash reconciliation for all accounts, as well as reconciliation for prepaid and deferred accounts.
– Works closely with Asst. Director of Finance in administration of E-finesstri member database system.
– Coordinates daily processing of E-finesstri batches through posting to the general ledger.
– Coordinates daily processing of check deposits through ACH banking system.
– Coordinates monthly processing of EFT transactions from E-finesstri through ACH banking system.
– Coordinates ACH vendor payments as needed.
– Works effectively with other key JCC departments to provide effective and efficient service delivery.
– Generates necessary reports and documentation as needed and/or required.
– Actively maintains and promotes agency customer service standards.
– Adheres to Jewish Community Center policies and procedures.
– Demonstrates kindness/chesed with fellow staff and members.
– Shows respect/kavod for self, fellow staff and members; honors others as they would honor themselves.
– Works to nurture tikkun middot/character within their role and others.
– Recognizes that the JCC of Greater Pittsburgh gathers individuals representing diverse backgrounds, beliefs and practices.
– Ability to verbally communicate effectively with others.
– Ability to communicate effectively in writing.
– Ability to operate personal computers (hardware and software).
– Ability to function within a Windows network environment utilizing Microsoft office products and MIP.
– Ability to work evenings, weekends and holidays, as required.
– Ability to perform other related duties, as needed and/or required.
(These responsibilities are not to be construed as a complete statement of all duties performed.)
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
-Collects and researches data
-Designs work flows and procedures
-Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner
-Gathers and analyzes information skillfully
-Works well in group problem solving situations
-Communicates changes and progress
-Completes projects on time and budget
-Presents numerical data effectively
-Responds promptly to customer service needs (both internal and external)
-Focuses on solving conflicts
-Responds well to questions
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Financial Management or related field with some experience preferred but not required and/or training in related accounting positions; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. Occasionally he/she is required to sit. The employee is frequently required to lift up to 25 pounds and occasionally required to lift up to 40 pounds. The vision requirements include: close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Must be able to obtain or possess Act 33/34, FBI certifications, Mandated Reporter Training and
First Aid/CPR Certification.
To apply, please submit resume and cover letter to:
Jewish Community Center of Greater Pittsburgh
Attn: Human Resources Department
5738 Forbes Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15217
Equal Opportunity Employer