Build Relationships – Connect to Jewish Life – Create Meaningful Jewish Opportunities
The Second Floor Peer Engagement Internship trains and empowers teens to help create a more connected and inclusive teen community.The Peer Engagement Internship is a 10-month paid internship for teens through The Second Floor at the JCC. Interns serve as connectors and builders of Jewish life in Pittsburgh, utilizing their own social networks and creating relationships with Jewish students across the community. Interns attend monthly skill-building workshops and create their own teen-led programs to welcome their peers to The Second Floor space.
Interested students must be in grades 10-12 and over the age of 16 to apply.
Applicants are expected to:
– Work a minimum of one two-hour shift a week
– Attend mandatory monthly meetings and trainings
-Connect their peers to opportunities that match their interests
– Identify trends and gaps in engagement opportunities
– Attend a two day-long summer Orientation trainings
– Engage with teens in the space during working hours
– Represent the Peer Engagement Intern brand, and promote The Second Floor programming and events during and outside working hours
– Utilize staff resources to fulfill job requirements to best of their ability
– Have a fun, outgoing, and friendly attitude!
*This may include traveling to a national or regional training experience out of state after January 1, 2021.
**Please note, the Peer Engagement job description may change to accommodate restrictions and guidelines around Covid-19.