We Build Relationships Through Shared Experiences…
In our increasingly polarized society, developing relationships across racial, economic, religious, cultural, and other lines of real and perceived differences is challenging. In collaboration with trusted partner organizations, the Center for Loving Kindness brings individuals from different lived experiences together, by providing structured opportunities to learn from each other and build connectedness and understanding.
- We show up for neighbors in need through Project UPstanders when one community experiences an event that causes trauma and fear.
- We are the Town Square where diverse neighbors gather to experience cross-cultural events.
- We Cross Bridges with community partners and facilitate opportunities for adults and teens to cross geographic borders to visit and learn from each other’s community centers, houses of worship, historical sites and neighborhoods.
- We present Art, Movies, and Books We Have to Talk About.
- We Strengthen the Network of People of Faith, Hope, and Values by creating opportunities for clergy and spiritual leaders to cross their own perceived boundaries.
- We partner with Osher at Carnegie Mellon University and at The University of Pittsburgh to provide high quality and socially relevant lifelong learning opportunities.