The program includes a diverse group of children who are able to learn from and grow with one another. Our staff fosters the development of friendships as well as teamwork and personal growth, encouraging independence, cooperation and freedom of choice within set limits.
Open to everyone, Clubhouse cultivates an understanding of Jewish cultural heritage through the celebration of Shabbat and Jewish holidays.
• Clubhouse is open Monday-Friday after school until 6 pm. Arrival time is between 3-4 pm
• Children are met at their bus stops by counselors, checked in and accompanied by counselors to their homerooms.
• Kosher snacks such as fresh fruit, crackers, yogurt, pita and cereal are available in homerooms.
• All children have the option to do homework with active help from counselors.
• Children are grouped by grade into homerooms where games and activities are available.
• At 4:30 pm, students transition to clubs that they choose each day. Some options include chess, STEM projects, science, art, gym, Gaga, outside games, yoga and many more.
• By 6 pm, all children must be picked up and signed out by their parents or guardians. A $25 fee will be charged to your account for pickup after 6:05 pm
Based on parent preferences, children will complete all homework before participating in activities, or may finish homework at home.
DATES AND TIMES
Clubhouse is Monday through Friday, from the time school ends until 6 pm. The program begins at the end of the summer when Pittsburgh Public Schools begin and follows local private and public school calendars.
ACTIVITIES CAN INCLUDE:
• Science projects such as gak and volcano making
• Gym games such as kickball, GaGa, sports tourneys
• Free swim and pool games
• Robot making
• Kids Choice
• Create Your Own Board Games
• Kids Kitchen no bake cooking
• Outside games
Clubhouse is staffed by caring and creative young adults who get to know
your child and respond to his or her individual interests and needs. All staff are at least 18 years old, with extensive background in child care, child development or human services.