On Rosh Hashanah Rededicate Yourself to Social Justice.
Monday, September 10, 2-3 PM
•The shofar (ram’s horn) will be our social justice call to action
• Be inspired by these community upstanders:
Zack Block, Executive Director, Repair The World Pittsburgh
Standing Up for Opportunity for All
Betty Cruz, Director, Change Agency
Standing Up for Immigrants
Jake Goodman, Executive Director, Opportunity Fund
Standing Up for Queer Rights
Jake Seltman, Executive Director, Grow Pittsburgh
Standing Up for Food Justice
janera solomon, Executive Director, Kelly Strayhorn Theater
Standing Up for Creative Community
We Invite You to Join With Your Neighbors….
To Strengthen The FABRIC OF OUR COMMUNITY!
- If you want to explore the foundations of western civilization at a time when they are being challenged, then join us for The Ten Commandments in The 21st Century beginning on May 1. Click here for information.
- If you care about #METOO, then join us for a modern rendition of The Book of Ruth on either May 3 or May 6. Click here for information.
- If you would like to study the night away on Shavuot, then join us for the TIKKUN on May 19. Click here for more information.
- If you want to explore how to share your values with the next generation, then join us for Let Me Write This Down Before I Forget beginning on May 23. Click here for more information.
Phat Man Dee and Liz Berlin: Shine the Light with Social Justice Disco
Liz Berlin of Rusted Root and jazz singer Phat Man Dee recently created an outstanding collection of social justice songs. Recognizing the important role artists have in contributing to the global choir of change, the JCC hosted Phat Man Dee and Liz Berlin: Shine the Light with Social Justice Disco, on Thursday, December 14.
Read the Jewish Chronicle article about this event