JCC Pittsburgh on June 18, 2015
- Meat in the Middle. Instead of going completely vegetarian one day, try to go two-thirds vegetarian almost every day. It’s fairly easy to eliminate meat from a couple of meals a day. Try enjoying meat for your lunch only.
- A salad a day. Try a roasted root vegetable salad. Root vegetables have a meaty flavor, they’re substantial, and when you roast them, they have a natural sweetness.
- Rice and Beans please. There’s nothing better or simpler than pinto beans or black-eyed peas and rice. You can experiment with so many different varieties of rice and there are lots and lots of different choices for beans. Get creative!
- Get creative with substitutes. Meat substitutes are better than ever, and when you want the flavor and texture of meat, Gardein (a soy-based meat substitute) is a delicious way to get it.
- Take 2 on tacos. Tacos are a perfect kid-friendly option for any crumbled meat substitute. Mix in taco spices, and you don’t even know you’re not eating meat. Then just add lettuce, tomato, and guacamole. Taco salad is also an option. I swear, you will not miss the meat!