Rodef Shalom Congregation, 4905 Fifth Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15213
November 10, 2019 to November 11, 2019
A CONFERENCE HOSTED BY CLASSROOMS WITHOUT BORDERS
Geared to academia, educators, spiritual leaders and students
Open to the community
Featured Scholars and Presenters
• Dr. Michael Berenbaum, Professor of Jewish Studies and Director of the Sigi Ziering Institute, American Jewish University, and former Director of the United States Holocaust Research Institute at the U.S. Holocaust Memorial Museum
• Dr. Peter Hayes, Professor of History and German, Theodore Zev Weiss Holocaust Educational Foundation Professor of Holocaust Studies Emeritus, Northwestern University, and author of Why? Explaining the Holocaust
• Dr. Mary Johnson, Senior Historian, Facing History and Ourselves
• Ken Jacobson, Deputy National Director, ADL
• Dr. Kathleen Blee, Bettye J. and Ralph E. Bailey Dean of the Kenneth P. Dietrich School of Arts & Sciences and the College of General Studies, University of Pittsburgh
• Dr. Rachel Kranson, Associate Professor of Religious Studies, University of Pittsburgh
• Dr. Jeanette Jouili, Assistant Professor of Religious Studies, University of Pittsburgh
• Shannon Foley Martinez, a former neo-Nazi skinhead with two decades of experience in developing community resource platforms aimed at inoculating individuals against violence-based lifestyles and ideologies
• Patrice O’Neill, filmmaker, journalist and leader of Not In Our Town, a community-based movement of people working to stop hate together
• …and more!
For more information: Daniel Pearlman • [email protected]
Special Thanks to Dr. Miriam Klein Kassenoff, The University of Miami Holocaust Institute.
Partnering organizations include:
Classrooms Without Borders, JCC Center for Loving Kindness, Duquesne University, Jack Buncher Foundation, Rodef Shalom Congregation, Holocaust Center of Pittsburgh, Jewish Federation of Greater Pittsburgh, University of Pittsburgh – The Dietrich School, Jewish Studies Program, Christian Associates of Southwest Pennsylvania, Carnegie Mellon University – Dietrich College of Humanities and Social Sciences and Department of History
PHILIP CHOSKY PERFORMING ARTS PROGRAM PRESENTS Richard E. Rauh Senior High Musical 2020 Directed by Jill Machen Show Dates Thursday, February 13 7:30 PM Saturday, February 15 8:00 PM Sunday, February 16 2:00 PM Wednesday, February 19 7:30 PM Thursday, February 20 7:30 PM Saturday, February 22 8:00 PM FOR TICKETS: Call 412-697-3518 $12/Reserved Seats...
Children welcome * Pizza lunch! Special event discount if you refer a friend who registers for Summer 2020 Learn about the benefits of sending your child to day camp Hear from current J&R parents and campers about their experience Learn about what sets J&R apart from other day camps Hear from Rachael Speck, J&R Day...
Partners in Torah is an exciting learning experience that allows participants to study the Torah topic of their choice. The program features both chavrusa (same-gender study partners) learning as well as mixed-gender small groups. For information or to arrange a study partner, please email Rabbi Schon at [email protected]
Presented by Kulam-Pittsburgh Community Beit Midrash in...
Co- Chairs: Geri & Steven Recht and Rachel Firestone & Jason Binder Presenting Sponsor: PNC Bank Proceeds benefit the JCC Scholarship Fund Savor the Sultry Romance of Havana Get with the beat of the JCC’s 14th annual Big Night – Havana Nights – our sizzling hot celebration supporting the JCC’s annual scholarship fund! Big Night is...