Your Child’s “Home Away from Home”
Inspired Exploration * Universal Values * Collaborative Journeys
The Early Childhood Development Center at the South Hills JCC is a “home away from home” for children 6 weeks to 5 years old. At ECDC, you can trust that your child is safe, secure and appropriately challenged,nurtured by professionals who encourage your child to grow and thrive.
What makes ECDC special
• Indoor swimming pool with instructional swim
• Double-court gymnasium with physical education classes
• Jewish holidays and customs
• Two fenced-in age-specific playgrounds for toddlers and ages 2-5
• Marci Lynn Bernstein outdoor playground with wheelchair access
• Escorts to JCC enrichment classes
• Nature program with Scott Conservancy
• Music class with Sally Mathews
• Judaics with Laura Alpern
Age Groups and Schedules
Monday through Friday: 7 am-6 pm or 9 am-3 pm
Infants: Full-time care for babies starting at 6 weeks through14 months old
Tots: Full-time options for ages 14 months to 2 years
Toddlers: Full-time options for 2-year-olds
Preschoolers: Full-time options for ages 3-5
Kindergarten Readiness: Full-time option for children who need another year of preschool or who just miss the cut-off for kindergarten because of their birth date.
Kindergarten Enrichment:Our enrichment program for kindergartners has morning and afternoon options.