November 15, 2021
Countering Political Polarization
Greater Pittsburgh Workshops Fall 2021
All Via Zoom and Free of Charge
Registration information below.
Our country has become increasingly polarized over political issues. These FREE workshops will teach you strategies for both listening and speaking with people who have differing political opinions without trying to change anyone’s mind. You will learn and practice skills for having respectful conversations that clarify differences, search for common ground, and affirm the importance of meaningful dialogue. Come to learn new skills (or reinforce existing skills) and practice in a comfortable, low-stakes environment.
NOVEMBER 15, 7 – 9:15 PM – Families and Politics workshops show participants how to talk about politics with their loved ones in a way that brings them closer together — not farther apart. (This is the same workshop we offered in August 2021. Both newbies and returning folks are welcome.) Save The Date. Registration link to follow.
These workshops are being facilitated by the national organization, Braver Angels, https://braverangels.org/, and are open to anyone interested in having better conversations with people on the other side (or the same side!) of the political aisle.
Questions? Contact Lindy Ferriss at [email protected]
- Black Political Empowerment Project (B-PEP)
- Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh
- Casa San Jose
- Center for Loving Kindness of the JCC PGH
- Christian Associates of Southwest PA
- Emmanuel Reformed Church of the United Church of Christ, Export PA
- Jewish Federation of Greater Pittsburgh – Community Relations Council
- League of Women Voters of Greater Pittsburgh (LWVPGH)
- Mt. Lebanon Public Library
- Social Justice Institutes at Carlow University
- YWCA of Greater Pittsburgh
Fridays, 12 pm
It’s a Beautiful Shabbat in The Neighborhood Join Rabbi Ron Symons and our neighborhood guests in lighting Shabbat candles, raising a glass of wine and breaking bread in celebration of...