Rodef Shalom Congregation, 4905 Fifth Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15213
November 10, 2019 to November 11, 2019
A CONFERENCE HOSTED BY CLASSROOMS WITHOUT BORDERS
Geared to academia, educators, spiritual leaders and students
Open to the community
Featured Scholars and Presenters
• Dr. Michael Berenbaum, Professor of Jewish Studies and Director of the Sigi Ziering Institute, American Jewish University, and former Director of the United States Holocaust Research Institute at the U.S. Holocaust Memorial Museum
• Dr. Peter Hayes, Professor of History and German, Theodore Zev Weiss Holocaust Educational Foundation Professor of Holocaust Studies Emeritus, Northwestern University, and author of Why? Explaining the Holocaust
• Dr. Mary Johnson, Senior Historian, Facing History and Ourselves
• Ken Jacobson, Deputy National Director, ADL
• Dr. Kathleen Blee, Bettye J. and Ralph E. Bailey Dean of the Kenneth P. Dietrich School of Arts & Sciences and the College of General Studies, University of Pittsburgh
• Dr. Rachel Kranson, Associate Professor of Religious Studies, University of Pittsburgh
• Dr. Jeanette Jouili, Assistant Professor of Religious Studies, University of Pittsburgh
• Shannon Foley Martinez, a former neo-Nazi skinhead with two decades of experience in developing community resource platforms aimed at inoculating individuals against violence-based lifestyles and ideologies
• Patrice O’Neill, filmmaker, journalist and leader of Not In Our Town, a community-based movement of people working to stop hate together
• …and more!
For more information: Daniel Pearlman • [email protected]
Special Thanks to Dr. Miriam Klein Kassenoff, The University of Miami Holocaust Institute.
Partnering organizations include:
Classrooms Without Borders, JCC Center for Loving Kindness, Duquesne University, Jack Buncher Foundation, Rodef Shalom Congregation, Holocaust Center of Pittsburgh, Jewish Federation of Greater Pittsburgh, University of Pittsburgh – The Dietrich School, Jewish Studies Program, Christian Associates of Southwest Pennsylvania, Carnegie Mellon University – Dietrich College of Humanities and Social Sciences and Department of History
9:45 am-1 pm
Stand UP with our neighbors in Wilkinsburg through the JCC’s Center for Loving Kindness Please join us in Wilkinsburg’s neighborhood improvement projects: Thursday, June 4, 2020 10 AM– 1 PM Please arrive by 9:45 AM Meet at The Christian Church of Wilkinsburg Park in the lot next to the Church 748 Wallace Ave, Pittsburgh, PA...