- Must be at least 16 years old (18 years of age for Karmiel campers)
- Training and experience in pool activities
- Current Lifeguard Training certification
- Current certification for swim instruction
- Ability to supervise general counselors and staff
- Ability to assist with maintaining pool in excellent working condition
- Desire and ability to work with children
- Ability to accept guidance and supervision
Responsible to: Pool Director
Mission Statement: James and Rachel Levinson Day Camp exists to provide children with a safe, fun and enriching summer camp experience in a Jewish environment.
General Responsibility: To guard our pool, instruct our campers, and lead emergency procedures as part of working on the pool and lifeguard team.
- Attend Staff Training Week and instruct general counselors in their roles and responsibilities while at the pool.
- Conduct daily check of area and equipment for safety, cleanliness, and good repair.
- Ensure all campers and staff know and understand all pool safety rules.
- Teach swimming to campers.
- Give campers recognition and distribute awards when possible.
- Assist in beginning inventory and packing all materials and supplies at end of season.
- Be a positive, contributing member of the Staff and J&R Team.
- Set a good example for campers including cleanliness, punctuality, sharing cleanup and chores, and sportsmanship.
- Follow camp rules and regulations as described in the Personnel Practices and Code of Conduct.
- Encourage respect for personal property, camp equipment and facilities.
- Manage personal time off in accordance with camp policy.
- Maintain good public relations with campers’ parents.
- Submit all required reports, surveys, and hobby and cabin activity requests on time.
- Ensure that campers write letters on mail days.
- Perform Rest Hour, and nighttime duties when assigned.
- Complete mid-summer and final evaluations for all campers in your cabin.
This is not meant to be a complete list of the responsibilities, additional responsibilities as given by supervisors or listed elsewhere in the staff manual also pertain.
Must be able to obtain ACT 33/34, FBI clearances and mandated reporter training
Send resume and cover letter to:
JCC of Greater Pittsburgh
Attn: Human Resources
5738 Forbes Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15217
Equal Opportunity Employer