November 10, 2018 to November 11, 2018
Join us on Saturday, November 10, 2018, & Sunday, November 11, 2018, for a virtual 5K run/walk established to raise funds for the Jewish Community Center of Greater Pittsburgh. (**NOTE: We have added Sunday, Nov. 11 as a participation option in order to allow time for those who observe Shabbat.)
Or Join us at the JCC on Sunday, November 11
Walkers leave at 9:30 am
Runners leave at 10 am
Meet at the fitness area
During the immediate aftermath of the horrific events that unfolded at Tree of Life synagogue on October 27, 2018, the JCC provided a safe haven for the families affected and it is currently serving as a crisis center.
In the weeks, months and years that follow, the JCC will be an integral part of the healing process that will be required for not only the Jewish community but Squirrel Hill neighborhood, and it is our desire to show them the support they will need along this journey. This event is not only meant to raise funds for the JCC, but establish a sense of togetherness — in Pittsburgh and beyond. Because it is a virtual 5K you can register to run (or walk!) from anywhere, at any time of day on Nov. 10 or Nov. 11 (more information below). We hope you will join us.
We have also created a t-shirt and tank with the event design (donated by Pittsburgh native Jon Brentzel — read more on the inspiration behind his gorgeous design in the FAQ section below) that will be available for purchase (see “shirt information” section below for how to order). If you are purchasing a t-shirt/tank, then we will send you an email where you can select your preferred choice of style and size, as well as your mailing address.
To register: 5kforpittsburghjcc.eventbrite.com
MOST IMPORTANTLY: 100% of the proceeds from 5K entries and t-shirt/tank sales (minus the $3.50 shipping per t-shirt/tank) will be donated to Jewish Community Center of Greater Pittsburgh.
- Register and 100% of proceeds from your race will be donated to the Jewish Community Center of Greater Pittsburgh. Choose between a virtual registration or a virtual registration with a t-shirt/tank included. NOTE: If you are purchasing a t-shirt/tank, then we will send you an email where you can select your preferred choice of style and size, as well as your mailing address.
- If you cannot participate in the event, then you can still purchase a t-shirt/tank that will be shipped to you. 100% of these proceeds (minus the $3.50 shipping per t-shirt/tank) will also be donated to the Jewish Community Center of Greater Pittsburgh.
- ALL PARTICIPANTS AND T-SHIRT BUYERS will receive a virtual swag bag with codes and coupons from our donating sponsors — just a small “thank you” for your support. More information about sponsors will be announced throughout the week.
- On the day of the event, we will move together throughout the weekend — we don’t care how you squeeze in your 3.1 miles, just do it! — and connect on social media with the hashtag #5KforPittsburghJCC. You can also connect with event organizers Caroline (@carolineshannonkarasik on Instagram + @CSKarasik on Twitter) and Amanda (@run_intended on Instagram + @runintended on Twitter).
If you are purchasing a shirt or tank, then this is what you can expect from the design and look of the apparel.
*All shirt purchasers will receive an email asking for their preferred style/size and mailing address.*
– The t-shirt is the Bella + Canvas Unisex Jersey Short-Sleeve T-Shirt in Heather True Royal. Available sizes will be XS to 2XL. Here is what the design will look like on the shirt.
During the suspension of regular services at the JCC of Greater Pittsburgh, AgeWell at the JCC is pleased to offer Lunch Meals to Go for participants who are already registered in our Senior Center program.* The meals are freshly made and are kosher. Meal pickups will be drive-through only: 11 am and 1 pm Mondays and Wednesdays...
Please Help Sustain Our Important Work To date, the JCC Gave out 4,800+ Grab & Go Meals to seniors Made 2,200+ Telephone Wellness Checks to isolated seniors Hosted 340+ Blood Donations at JCC facilities Provided 120 per week LIVE and recorded programs and activities on #JCCPGHVirtual For us to continue supporting your community and providing...
Special “9-for-6” offer for new and returning clients Up your fitness with an expert personal trainer, who will motivate and innovate to help you reach your goals. You can choose to work with a trainer: In person in dedicated, safe and clean spaces at the JCCs in Squirrel Hill and South Hills Online from your home...
Lunch and Learn with Rabbi Ron Symons – Tuesdays, 12:15-12:45 pm Join with Rabbi Ron Symons in discussion around the most important issues of our day. More than a current events class, these gatherings afford us the opportunity to ground our perspectives in values that humans have been holding dear for thousands of years and...