May 31, 2021 to September 5, 2021
Until further notice, AgeWell at the JCC will continue to operate on its existing schedule of providing Meals TO Go and Delivery, virtual programs through Virtual Senior Academy, as well as 1:1 appointments for information and referral and/or registration).
AgeWell at the JCC Summer 2021 schedule:
- Lunch Meals to Go!
- The meals are freshly made and are kosher. Meal pickups will be drive-through only:
- 11 am and 1 pm Mondays and Wednesdays
- On Mondays, we will be providing one hot and one cold meal – covering two days. On Wednesdays, we will be providing one hot and two cold meals – covering three days.
- AgeWell Delivers!
- AgeWell at the JCC delivers Lunch Meals-to-Go on Mondays and Wednesdays to homes in the 15217 area.
- Please call 412-339-5405 by Tuesday 8 pm to register for the following Monday and Wednesday. You only need to call once a week to reserve and you will receive deliveries on both days. The meals are freshly made and kosher.
- On Mondays, we will provide one hot and one cold meal, covering two days. On Wednesdays, we will provide one hot and two cold meals, covering three days. Meals will be left at your door with a knock; the delivery person will wait for your answer from a distance; and there will be no direct personal contact.
If you have questions, please leave a message on the on the lunch reservation line, 412-567-1715, and we will call you back.
*We regret that we are unable to accommodate walk-ins.
- Virtual Senior Academy
- VSA is a free web-based platform that connects seniors 50 years and older in Pittsburgh to their peers through interactive online classes. Technology provides a unique opportunity for engagement, expanding the reach of existing educational programs for seniors. CONNECT online to take interactive group classes using videoconference technology. The Virtual Senior Academy offers a wide variety of Pittsburgh-based classes every week. PARTICIPATE in live classes on a variety of topics including health and wellness, history, book clubs, arts and music and so much more! EASY to use platform. No prior computer experience needed. All you need is access to a computer with internet and a webcam.
- If you are interested in joining: Sign up on the Virtual Senior Academy website www.virtualsenioracademy.org For more details, email Maddie Barnes at [email protected] or call 412-697-1186.
- Online Fitness Classes / SilverSneakers Classes
- Marsha Mullen, JCC senior fitness specialist, has put together a list of video classes that you can do at home, and there’s much more. Visit our Fitness webpage to check out all of our virtual live and on demand classes, and so much more!
- 1:1 in-person office appointments and Information & Referral Services
- Senior Center Now Offers 1:1 In Person Appointments – For ages 60+
- Wednesdays: 12:30-3:30 pm; Fridays: 12-3 pm
- WHERE: JCC, 5738 Forbes Avenue, Squirrel Hill
- Appointments are mandatory. Entry Instructions will be given to participant after scheduling an appointment.
- SERVICES PROVIDED FOR IN-PERSON APPOINTMENTS:
i. Information and Referral services will be provided in a private, disinfected office with our Information and Referral Specialist, Amy Gold, who will be available through remote zoom access. An AgeWell staff member will be available on site to assist participants by setting up the remote and confidential link.
ii. New client registration for Senior Center Services will be available through an in-person AgeWell staff member who will help participants complete the necessary registration information. Once registered, new clients would be eligible for numerous services including Grab and Go Kosher Meals.
- TO SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT: Call or email at least 24 hours in advance, CONTACT: Darlene Cridlin, LCSW, [email protected] or call 412-697-3517
Virtual Senior Academy – Online Classes for Everyone! Featured: Tuesdays: Social Justice: Eternal Values Applied to Contemporary Issues with Rabbi Ron Symons Thursdays: Quarantine Stories Art and Quarantine Stories with Melissa Hiller If you are interested in joining: Sign up on the Virtual Senior Academy website www.virtualsenioracademy.org For more details, email Maddie Barnes at [email protected]
Our Squirrel Hill and South Hills Facilities are OPEN! Details: Click HERE Operating Hours Squirrel Hill: Monday through Thursday: 6 am-8 pm Friday: 6 am-6 pm Saturday and Sunday: 8 am-1 pm South Hills: Monday through Friday: 6 am-6 pm Saturday and Sunday: 8 am-1 pm
The JCC basketball courts are open for scheduled gym time. Please follow these steps to schedule a 50 minute time slot for up to 5 people in your household: Email [email protected]
for your initial gym time scheduling Verify that the email address that the JCC has for you and the email address you use to...
We’re hiring seasonal and year-round staff. It’s the perfect time to work with us! Employment at the JCC includes: Competitive Compensation Free Fitness Membership Full and Part-time opportunities available Career-Building Experiences! Join our team HERE