June 5, 2023 to June 28, 2023
Sofa Spirituality starts up again with ten new interviews and dialogues in the month of June. Beginning on Monday, June 5, join Rabbi Ron Symons and Rev. Liddy Barlow on the virtual sofa. Each session features an interview with a spiritual leader – a window into a neighbor’s spirituality – followed by a time of dialogue – a window to reflect on our own spirituality.
Learn more and sign up HERE
June Sofa Schedule
- Monday, June 5, 5:30 pm Rev. Kotoku Ray Crivello of the Pittsburgh Zen Center joins a discussion with Rev. Liddy Barlow about meditation: “Shared Hows, Different Whys.”
- Wednesday, June 7, 5:30 pm Father Thomas Ninan of the National Council of Churches in India and Rabbi Ron Symons will have a conversation about “The Inclusive Church – Growing Beyond Phobia.”
- Monday, June 12, 5:30 pm Rabbi Barbara Symons of Temple David in Monroeville and Rev. Liddy Barlow will discuss the “Rituals of Shabbat.”
- Wednesday, June 14, 5:30 pm Rabbi Ron Symons and Archbishop William Skurla of the Byzantine Catholic Archeparchy of Pittsburgh will talk about “Spiritual Time Travel.”
- Thursday, June 15, at 12 pm Rev. Liddy Barlow and Rabbi Mark Asher Goodman of Congregation Beth Shalom will discuss “The Feelings of Faith.”
Subsequent June dates:
- Monday, June 19 and Wednesday, June 21, 5:30 pm
- Thursday, June 22, noon
- Monday, June 26 and Wednesday, June 28, 5:30 pm
All conversations are about 45 minutes in length and are all on Zoom. Join us, and bring a friend!
Please Help Sustain Our Important Work When our financial foundation was ruptured on March 15, 2020, we were shaken but resolute. Our lay and professional leadership made a “core bet”...
Our Squirrel Hill and South Hills Facilities are OPEN! Details: Click HERE Operating Hours Squirrel Hill: Monday through Thursday: 6 am-9:30 pm Friday: 6 am-6 pm Saturday and Sunday: 8...
Virtual Senior Academy – Online Classes for Everyone! Featured: Tuesdays: Social Justice: Eternal Values Applied to Contemporary Issues with Rabbi Ron Symons Thursdays: Quarantine Stories Art and Quarantine Stories with...
We’re hiring seasonal and year-round staff. It’s the perfect time to work with us! Employment at the JCC includes: Competitive Compensation Free Fitness Membership Full and Part-time opportunities available Career-Building...