JCC of Greater Pittsburgh Katz Performing Arts Center
November 19, 2018
Hopeful Responses to Addiction
Learn from local organizations about how we can be helped and how we can help others.
If you think that addiction does not impact you, you need to join us. If you know that addiction impacts you, you need to join us.
What Is Addiction?
• Rich Lord, Reporter, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
• JoEllen Marsh, Opioid Community Response Manager, Allegheny County Health Department
What Is The Impact On Our Community?
• Rabbi Moshe Vogel, Executive Director, Aleph Institute
• Dana Gold, COO, JFCS, Founding Director of Sojourner House
• Community Member: My Story
What Are Our Pathways Towards Hope?
• The Most Reverend Edward C. Malesic, JCL, 5th Bishop of Greensburg
• The Reverend Canon Dr. Jay Geisler, Episcopal Diocese of Pittsburgh
• Community Leader: Our Civic Responsibility
Please RSVP to CASP.org/addiction
Town Square Construction Update Beginning Monday, February 4: The Forbes Avenue Entrance on the Main Floor and the entire corridor will be closed for about a week. The Forbes Avenue entrance through the Garage/Centerfit level will continue to be open. You also can enter the Irene Kaufmann building through the Darlington entrance. During this period, AgeWell...
Something that is loved is never lost. –Toni Morrison (Beloved) I Lived, We Live: What Did We Miss? is a creative installation project organized by Hazelwood’s Center of Life, the Greater Hazelwood Community and Carnegie Mellon University’s School of Design. It’s a story about love, family and resilience. It’s a story about loss and trauma....
Passover 2019 Friday, April 19 – Close at 5 pm Saturday, April 20 – Closed Thursday, April 25 – Close at 5 pm Friday, April 26 – Closed Learn more about Passover Memorial Day 2019 – Monday, May 27 Fitness Centers open 8 am-2 pm Family Park open 11 am-7 pm Shavuot 2019 Saturday, June...
For neighbors of all backgrounds to enjoy the rituals of the Passover seder with an eye towards issues of our community. Snacks will include Passover ritual foods. Conversations will be dynamic and relevant to the social challenges we face today. RSVP here by Thursday, April 24 • 5 PM