October 18, 2021
Countering Political Polarization
Greater Pittsburgh Workshops Fall 2021
All Via Zoom and Free of Charge
Registration information below.
Our country has become increasingly polarized over political issues. These FREE workshops will teach you strategies for both listening and speaking with people who have differing political opinions without trying to change anyone’s mind. You will learn and practice skills for having respectful conversations that clarify differences, search for common ground, and affirm the importance of meaningful dialogue. Come to learn new skills (or reinforce existing skills) and practice in a comfortable, low-stakes environment.
- OCTOBER 18, 7 – 9:15 PM – Skills for Bridging the Divide workshops help you through difficult political conversations with people in your life. Learn how to talk across the divide in a constructive, empathetic way. (This is the same workshop we offered in April 2021. Both newbies and returning folks are welcome.) Save The Date. Registration link to follow.
- NOVEMBER 15, 7 – 9:15 PM – Families and Politics workshops show participants how to talk about politics with their loved ones in a way that brings them closer together — not farther apart. (This is the same workshop we offered in August 2021. Both newbies and returning folks are welcome.) Save The Date. Registration link to follow.
These workshops are being facilitated by the national organization, Braver Angels, https://braverangels.org/, and are open to anyone interested in having better conversations with people on the other side (or the same side!) of the political aisle.
Questions? Contact Lindy Ferriss at [email protected]
- Black Political Empowerment Project (B-PEP)
- Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh
- Casa San Jose
- Center for Loving Kindness of the JCC PGH
- Christian Associates of Southwest PA
- Emmanuel Reformed Church of the United Church of Christ, Export PA
- Jewish Federation of Greater Pittsburgh – Community Relations Council
- League of Women Voters of Greater Pittsburgh (LWVPGH)
- Mt. Lebanon Public Library
- Social Justice Institutes at Carlow University
- YWCA of Greater Pittsburgh
Please Help Sustain Our Important Work Even while managing unprecedented operational and financial issues resulting from the pandemic, the JCC is proud to provide and facilitate crucial, life-sustaining services and...
Our Squirrel Hill and South Hills Facilities are OPEN! Details: Click HERE Operating Hours Squirrel Hill: Monday through Thursday: 6 am-8 pm Friday: 6 am-6 pm Saturday and Sunday: 8...
Virtual Senior Academy – Online Classes for Everyone! Featured: Tuesdays: Social Justice: Eternal Values Applied to Contemporary Issues with Rabbi Ron Symons Thursdays: Quarantine Stories Art and Quarantine Stories with...
We’re hiring seasonal and year-round staff. It’s the perfect time to work with us! Employment at the JCC includes: Competitive Compensation Free Fitness Membership Full and Part-time opportunities available Career-Building...