JCC Squirrel Hill, 5738 Forbes Avenue
May 7, 2019
Better Choices, Better Health
Come join a workshop called Better Choices, Better Health at the JCC in Squirrel Hill
When: Six consecutive Tuesdays, May 7 – June 11, 2019
Time: 12:30 – 3 pm (Room 202)
Please contact Amy Gold, (412) 697-3528 to sign up today!
This is a wonderful program that has benefited many adults. The workshops are informative, fun, and interactive. By joining the workshop, you’ll be together with people with similar conditions and concerns as you, and you’ll make new friends.
You will actively participate in:
- Brainstorming on key topics;
- Making a Weekly Action Plan on a goal that is important to YOU;
- Feedback and Problem Solving in which you report how you did in meeting your goal.
You’ll do engaging activities designed to help you learn–
- Distraction techniques to help manage pain;
- Better breathing techniques and ways to avoid shortness of breath;
- Relaxation techniques such as progressive muscle relaxation;
- What level of exercise intensity is right for you;
- Some guidelines about healthy eating;
- How to communicate more effectively;
- How to make future plans for health care;
- How to evaluate new treatment options;
- The power of positive thinking.
All workshop participants get the companion book, “Living a Healthy Life with a Chronic Condition”.
Light refreshments are provided throughout, with a graduation celebration at the end!
Town Square Construction Update Monday, June 3-Sunday, June 9: Forbes Ave entrance re-opens (swipe in) Darlington entrance closed Garage entrance remains open Monday, June 10 All entrances open! Forbes Corridor Arch is removed – January 29, 2019 Palm Court is open! – January 11, 2019 Construction now is focused on the Forbes Avenue corridor....
Through July 30 A 96-page hard-bound publication with 65 illustrations and numerous contributions is available for sale on Amazon The Loving Kindness of Fred Rogers: Photos by Jim Judkis includes a powerful selection of 60 photos that capture Rogers in tender, candid moments and reveal the Mister Rogers’ Neighborhood show behind the scenes. Judkis’s photographs,...
Members, enjoy the Family Park Facilities 261 Rosecrest Drive, Monroeville, PA 15146 • Olympic-size outdoor swimming pool • Diving board • Walk-in baby pool with rainbow mushroom sprays • Tennis courts and hiking trails • Poolside grass and lounge chair areas • Picnic area with grills • Playground and ball fields • 9-hole miniature golf...
JCCPGH: National Champion 2017 & 2018 JCCPGH 2019: Let’s go for a 3-peat! • Compete as an individual and as part of our JCC team • Activities include Running, Walking, Cycling, Swimming, Cardio Equipment (ellipticals, rowers, steppers, etc.), Group Fitness, Personal Training, NEW – Strength Training • Awards to the top 3 performing JCCs and the...