JCC Squirrel Hill, 5738 Forbes Avenue
May 7, 2019 to June 11, 2019
Better Choices, Better Health
Come join a workshop called Better Choices, Better Health at the JCC in Squirrel Hill
When: Six consecutive Tuesdays, May 7 – June 11, 2019
Time: 12:30 – 3 pm (Room 202)
Please contact Amy Gold, (412) 697-3528 to sign up today!
This is a wonderful program that has benefited many adults. The workshops are informative, fun, and interactive. By joining the workshop, you’ll be together with people with similar conditions and concerns as you, and you’ll make new friends.
You will actively participate in:
- Brainstorming on key topics;
- Making a Weekly Action Plan on a goal that is important to YOU;
- Feedback and Problem Solving in which you report how you did in meeting your goal.
You’ll do engaging activities designed to help you learn–
- Distraction techniques to help manage pain;
- Better breathing techniques and ways to avoid shortness of breath;
- Relaxation techniques such as progressive muscle relaxation;
- What level of exercise intensity is right for you;
- Some guidelines about healthy eating;
- How to communicate more effectively;
- How to make future plans for health care;
- How to evaluate new treatment options;
- The power of positive thinking.
All workshop participants get the companion book, “Living a Healthy Life with a Chronic Condition”.
Light refreshments are provided throughout, with a graduation celebration at the end!
Town Square Construction Update Beginning Monday, February 4: The Forbes Avenue Entrance on the Main Floor and the entire corridor will be closed for about a week. The Forbes Avenue entrance through the Garage/Centerfit level will continue to be open. You also can enter the Irene Kaufmann building through the Darlington entrance. During this period, AgeWell...
Something that is loved is never lost. –Toni Morrison (Beloved) I Lived, We Live: What Did We Miss? is a creative installation project organized by Hazelwood’s Center of Life, the Greater Hazelwood Community and Carnegie Mellon University’s School of Design. It’s a story about love, family and resilience. It’s a story about loss and trauma....
Passover 2019 Friday, April 19 – Close at 5 pm Saturday, April 20 – Closed Thursday, April 25 – Close at 5 pm Friday, April 26 – Closed Learn more about Passover Memorial Day 2019 – Monday, May 27 Fitness Centers open 8 am-2 pm Family Park open 11 am-7 pm Shavuot 2019 Saturday, June...
For neighbors of all backgrounds to enjoy the rituals of the Passover seder with an eye towards issues of our community. Snacks will include Passover ritual foods. Conversations will be dynamic and relevant to the social challenges we face today. RSVP here by Thursday, April 24 • 5 PM