JCC Squirrel Hill, 5738 Forbes Avenue
May 7, 2019
Better Choices, Better Health
Come join a workshop called Better Choices, Better Health at the JCC in Squirrel Hill
When: Six consecutive Tuesdays, May 7 – June 11, 2019
Time: 12:30 – 3 pm (Room 202)
Please contact Amy Gold, (412) 697-3528 to sign up today!
This is a wonderful program that has benefited many adults. The workshops are informative, fun, and interactive. By joining the workshop, you’ll be together with people with similar conditions and concerns as you, and you’ll make new friends.
You will actively participate in:
- Brainstorming on key topics;
- Making a Weekly Action Plan on a goal that is important to YOU;
- Feedback and Problem Solving in which you report how you did in meeting your goal.
You’ll do engaging activities designed to help you learn–
- Distraction techniques to help manage pain;
- Better breathing techniques and ways to avoid shortness of breath;
- Relaxation techniques such as progressive muscle relaxation;
- What level of exercise intensity is right for you;
- Some guidelines about healthy eating;
- How to communicate more effectively;
- How to make future plans for health care;
- How to evaluate new treatment options;
- The power of positive thinking.
All workshop participants get the companion book, “Living a Healthy Life with a Chronic Condition”.
Light refreshments are provided throughout, with a graduation celebration at the end!
September-December 2019 Each and Every explores the power of six Pittsburgh-based organizations that are each and every day making our corner of the world a better place to live in. The essence of the exhibition is exploring the human need of our neighbors and celebrating the work of dedicated residents who are changing our community....
In recognition of the events of October 27, 2018 targeting members of three congregations praying at the Tree of Life building, the JCC will be closed for normal business. The JCC will be open for Community Service and Resiliency. On October 27, 2019: The 10/27 Healing Partnership, a federally-funded resiliency center on the upper level...
In honor of the victims and the first responders of the October 27, 2018, shooting at the Tree of Life building, the JCC will host community blood drives at our Squirrel Hill and South Hills locations. Squirrel Hill: 12 to 4 pm, Robinson Building, 5738 Darlington Road. South Hills: 12 to 4 pm, 345 Kane Blvd....
A CONFERENCE HOSTED BY CLASSROOMS WITHOUT BORDERS Geared to academia, educators, spiritual leaders and students Open to the community Featured Scholars and Presenters • Dr. Michael Berenbaum, Professor of Jewish Studies and Director of the Sigi Ziering Institute, American Jewish University, and former Director of the United States Holocaust Research Institute at the U.S. Holocaust...