JCC Squirrel Hill, 5738 Forbes Avenue
May 7, 2019
Better Choices, Better Health
Come join a workshop called Better Choices, Better Health at the JCC in Squirrel Hill
When: Six consecutive Tuesdays, May 7 – June 11, 2019
Time: 12:30 – 3 pm (Room 202)
Please contact Amy Gold, (412) 697-3528 to sign up today!
This is a wonderful program that has benefited many adults. The workshops are informative, fun, and interactive. By joining the workshop, you’ll be together with people with similar conditions and concerns as you, and you’ll make new friends.
You will actively participate in:
- Brainstorming on key topics;
- Making a Weekly Action Plan on a goal that is important to YOU;
- Feedback and Problem Solving in which you report how you did in meeting your goal.
You’ll do engaging activities designed to help you learn–
- Distraction techniques to help manage pain;
- Better breathing techniques and ways to avoid shortness of breath;
- Relaxation techniques such as progressive muscle relaxation;
- What level of exercise intensity is right for you;
- Some guidelines about healthy eating;
- How to communicate more effectively;
- How to make future plans for health care;
- How to evaluate new treatment options;
- The power of positive thinking.
All workshop participants get the companion book, “Living a Healthy Life with a Chronic Condition”.
Light refreshments are provided throughout, with a graduation celebration at the end!
Virtual Senior Academy – Online Classes for Everyone! Featured: Tuesdays: Social Justice: Eternal Values Applied to Contemporary Issues with Rabbi Ron Symons Thursdays: Quarantine Stories Art and Quarantine Stories with...
Please Help Sustain Our Important Work Even while managing unprecedented operational and financial issues resulting from the pandemic, the JCC is proud to provide and facilitate crucial, life-sustaining services and...
Our Squirrel Hill and South Hills Facilities are OPEN! Details: Click HERE Operating Hours Squirrel Hill: Monday through Thursday: 6 am-8 pm Friday: 6 am-6 pm Saturday and Sunday: 8...
We’re hiring seasonal and year-round staff. It’s the perfect time to work with us! Employment at the JCC includes: Competitive Compensation Free Fitness Membership Full and Part-time opportunities available Career-Building...