May 31, 2020 to September 7, 2020
The JCC Association’s 100 Days of Summer Fitness Challenge is back!
Let’s win another one for Pittsburgh!
Now, more than ever, it’s critical to stay connected. During these unprecedented times, we need to exercise to help us stay strong and healthy—physically and mentally. Go head-to-head with JCC participants across the continent in your favorite form of exercise. Whether you’re into strength training, running, group exercise, swimming, or something else, you’ll have a chance to test your mettle.
Register and log your workouts HERE
Questions? Email Bill Herman
The #JCCSummerFitChallenge begins on May 31, and ends on Labor Day, September 7. Make sure you’re part of the action. Anyone 13 years old or older can compete; each participant, however, must have a unique email address.
New for 2020 — Family Division!
Families will be encouraged to track their activity time each day. One family member (who also can compete as an individual using the same email address) will enter the family’s total daily activity time.
- Parent and child swim class – 30 minutes (virtual or in person)
- Family bike ride – 60 minutes
- Parent and child gardening – 45 minutes
- Total daily activity time for that family – 135 minutes
This program is based entirely on the honor system.
Log miles/yards/classes attended for the following:
- Running (indoor and outdoor)
- Walking (indoor and outdoor)
- Cycling (indoor and outdoor)
- Swimming (enter score by yards, whether it’s at your JCC, in your backyard, or in open water)
- Using cardio equipment (ellipticals, rowers, steppers, etc.)
- Participating in group fitness classes (any type of class—virtual or in-person)
- Participating in strength training activities
- Working with a personal training (virtual or in-person)
- Exercising together as a family (enter score in minutes)
Each workout must be recorded within seven (7) days, after which the data will not be accepted.
JCC Association will present awards to:
- The top three JCCs (for each JCC size group) in each of the nine fitness categories (108 total team awards)
- The top three individual champions in each of the nine fitness categories (27 total individual awards)
- The top three JCC staff in each of the nine fitness categories (27 total individuals)
Activities individuals do at home, at the JCC, on vacation, or elsewhere should all be recorded.
The 100 Days of Summer Fitness Challenge is a signature program of the JCC Association.
Art and Quarantine Stories: Exploring Artworks and Topics That Relate To Our Current Moment. With Melissa Hiller, director of the JCC’s American Jewish Museum Free and open to all. JCC membership not required New subjects each week. Thursdays: 12:15-12:45 Classes through August 27 Join the class: ZOOM
During the suspension of regular services at the JCC of Greater Pittsburgh, AgeWell at the JCC is pleased to offer Lunch Meals to Go for participants who are already registered in our Senior Center program.* The meals are freshly made and are kosher. Meal pickups will be drive-through only: 11 am and 1 pm Mondays and Wednesdays...
Please Help Sustain Our Important Work To date, the JCC Gave out 4,800+ Grab & Go Meals to seniors Made 2,200+ Telephone Wellness Checks to isolated seniors Hosted 340+ Blood Donations at JCC facilities Provided 120 per week LIVE and recorded programs and activities on #JCCPGHVirtual For us to continue supporting your community and providing...
The JCC Association’s 100 Days of Summer Fitness Challenge is back! Let’s win another one for Pittsburgh! Now, more than ever, it’s critical to stay connected. During these unprecedented times, we need to exercise to help us stay strong and healthy—physically and mentally. Go head-to-head with JCC participants across the continent in your favorite form of exercise....