JCC Pittsburgh on June 18, 2015
Keep your appetite under control- and cut calories painlessly with these little changes that will help you achieve a healthy weight.
- Start with soup- Research shows that people who began with soup ate less during the main course. Not only are they filling, but most soups are also swimming with nutrients we need. Choose tomato, broth, veggie or bean-based soups and lower –sodium canned versions.
- Go nuts- Need a snack? Grab a handful of nuts to keep hunger at bay. Most varieties-like pistachios, peanuts, almonds and walnuts- are rich in healthier fats, protein and fiber, all of which help keep you feeling fuller.
- Power your breakfast with protein- Adding lean protein to a healthy breakfast can help you hold off hunger. Try a side of scrambled egg, a scoop of whey protein stirred into a smoothie or a handful of nuts on hot cereal.
- Dilute your drinks- Cut calories from energy drinks or fruit juices by filling your glass with two-thirds of your usual drink and topping it with seltzer or plain water.
- Prep produce- Make a vow to, as soon as you return from the market, wash and cut up produce that can be enjoyed raw. They’ll be ready to grab when you need a snack.
- Fruit first- Craving something sweet? Reach for a piece of fruit. Wait 15 minutes, then reassess if you still want that brownie. You might find that a smaller piece will do- or even that your craving is gone (it is possible, you know).
Sign up for our Weight Watchers at Work program and learn even more….