JCC Pittsburgh on June 18, 2015
- Walk for 60 minutes every day. Break it up into 20-minute segments to work with your schedule if necessary.
- Watch less than 10 hours of TV a week. That’ll get you off your duff and keep you from snacking.
- Weigh yourself at least once a week. Think of the scale more like a car’s speedometer- not as a measure of success or failure.
- Go low-fat, low-cal. Aim for less than 30 percent of calories from fat and about 1,600 calories per day- this has been most successful among the National Weight Control Registry participants.
- Keep a food diary. Track your fat grams, calories.. Include ALL snacks.
- Eat 5 small meals a day, including breakfast. This helps you keep a handle on hunger.
- Dine out fewer than 3 times each week. You have more control over portion size and fat and sodium when you eat at home.
- Avoid the pitfalls of summer… hot dogs… hamburgers…potato salads….. fruity little drinks!