JCC Pittsburgh on June 18, 2015
Doing only one thing differently can be all it takes to lose weight and improve your life in surprising, healthy ways…..
- Walk- Take a brisk stroll on flat terrain….. Pick up the pace, so you’re power-walking. Go at a challenging clip and hit the hills or add incline.
- Run- Jog slowly and steadily on flat footing…..Run like the wind…Do intervals (1 minute a level 5 and 1 at level 9. Repeat 18 times).
- Bike- Joyride around your neighborhood… Pedal with power for a focused, medium-fast trek…Do a Spinning class!
- Swim- Glide through the pool with a consistent crawl stroke… Up the oomph of every kick ( and your time in the pool)…. Sticking to your race pace, double the time on the clock!
- Rowing Machine- Pull steadily so you’ve got gusto in reserve…Row more vigorously, as though you’re racing….8 minutes at level 8; 2 minutes at 5. Repeat 4 times!
- Eliptical trainer- Stride steadily at a comfortable pace…Don’t be afraid to get a good sweat going….Intervals: 2 minutes at level 8; 1 minute at level 5. Repeat 20 times!
Your calorie count can go from 100 to 250 or 500 depending on your choice…. One small change!