Chat with us, powered by LiveChat

Eat Mindfully… Every Bite Appreciated

Posted by JCC Pittsburgh on June 18, 2015

All food is good. Remove the “good” and “bad” from your food vocabulary. You can’t completely enjoy that piece of cake if you’re telling yourself it is bad for you. There is no such thing as a bad or wrong food. If you get rid of the judgmental language around food, it becomes less stressful. When making food decisions, try replacing “I should” or “I shoudn’t” with “I choose to.” Having said that, try to follow the 80/20 rule; 80% of the time you are making good, healthy decisions surrounding food; and the other 20% of the time, just enjoy!

Always enjoy what’s on your plate and never eat anything you don’t enjoy. I continously ask myself, “is it worth it?” Often it is, but sometimes it really isn’t. Take the first 4 bites of your meals slowly and pay full attention to the food. Savor the flavors and textures so that you can begin to understand what mindful eating feels like. “Nothing tastes as good as healthy feels!”

Related Posts

31 Days to Unbreakable Resolutions

Behavior experts say that it takes about 1 month to form new habits, and many people try to create (or break) habits at the start of each year. With t...
read more

Practice Good Sleep!

Sleep is as important to our health as eating, drinking and breathing. Maggie Feinstein, LPC, Director of the the 10.27 Healing Partnership, Pitts...
read more

4 More Reasons to Eat More Plants

As we the harvest season continues, here are even more reason to eat your veggies! Lower your risk of heart disease:...
read more

EXERCISE DECREASES INSOMNIA!!! (Just one more reason to GET MOVING!)

For most people who have trouble sleeping, there’s a simple cure: EXERCISE. In fact, when researchers at Stanford University School of Medicine aske...
read more